Knight Frank LLP trading as The Buying Solution (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which we process any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Knight Frank LLP of 55 Baker Street, London W1U 8AN.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide us. You may (but you are not obliged to) give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our website at www.thebuyingsolution.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information and personal description.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or through the other services we provide. We may also be working with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How do we Manage Cookies
How do we Use Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to incorporate into the Knight Frank LLP database;
- to provide aggregate statistical information which may include personal information;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about properties or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. For example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target, for example, women in SW1.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Where do we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
More information on all data collected and stored can be found on Knight Frank’s Fair Processing Notice https://www.knightfrank.co.uk/legals/fpn
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Knight Frank, 55 Baker Street, London W1U 8AN or email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Copyright © 2022 Knight Frank LLP. All rights reserved.